Owning a Pet Shop means you are responsible for the customers in your store and the products you are selling. Not to mention your shop, contents and stock.
Working within the Pet industry, you have significant risk exposures, planning for all eventualities is a must and obtaining the right insurance is vital. Petbizsure arranges insurance cover specifically for your industry with insurance you want – the cover that’s right for you, not just a standard package.
As a Pet Shop Owner what are some of the things you need cover for:
- Personal Injury to customers with the possibility of animal bites and scratches, damage to customer clothing or jewellry due to the presence of cages with sharp edges etc. Slips and falls from water on the ground.
- Covering glass at the location for all glass used for aquariums, fish, reptile or insect tanks, counters, show cases, enclosures
- Relocation costs of the business following a major loss could result in a substantial drop in business. Business may be slow to return to pre-loss levels after renovations have been completed if customers have developed a relationship with a competing service provider in the surrounding area
- Property Damage to the premises and contents/stock following a fire incident, storm damage, water damage etc
- Employee injuries, including animal bites and scratches, and possible transmission of disease from animals. Slips, trips and falls, confrontations with angry customers, theft and robbery attempts, musculoskeletal injuries from handling stock and electric shocks from poorly maintained equipment
Types of insurance your Petbizsure package can include:
- Workers Compensation
- General Property
- Tax Audit Insurance
- Pets in Transit
Public & Products Liability Insurance
Covering personal injury or property damage to third parties as a result of negligence caused by yourself or your employees.
Property and business interruption
Covers damage or loss to buildings, contents and stock caused by insured events and accidental damage. It can also insure you if you are unable to trade for a period of time.
Covers your business against loss or damage to your stock and contents if someone forces their way onto your premises. It can also cover glass breakage and money stolen.
Machinery and electronic equipment breakdown
Covers machinery and equipment used in your business for breakdown.
Motor Vehicle or Trailer
Comprehensive cover for your vehicle and specialised trailers